Mercury is the world's leading manufacturer of marine propulsion systems. Since the very beginning, Mercury has set the standards for the industry. When pending outboard emission standards challenged the industry, mercury took the lead in redesigning its product to reduce emissions and to not only meet, but also exceed the new standards. The OptiMax outboard engine concept was created to deliver exceptional performance from a two-stroke outboard with a completely new technology. With an average of 45 percent better fuel economy and smooth, smokeless, misfire-free operation, the OptiMax models were - and are - the benchmark for new-technology two-stroke outboards.
Mercury Racing is the only high performance engine manufacturer to offer both outboard and sterndrive marine propulsion systems. An induction hardened, micro-alloy crankshaft features larger journal radii for enhanced strength and durability. Connecting rods feature a floating wrist pin as well as stronger rod bolts for enhanced engine durability. A new camshaft design provides increased valve lift for enhanced power and torque. The oil flow rate has been increased for enhanced engine protection throughout the engine operating range. The 700SCi is the first engine to come standard with Mercury Racing's new universal engine mount system. The new mounts enable OEM boat builders to install the engine in virtually any hull configuration with ease.
The 700SCi is also the first engine to feature Mercury Racing's new large capacity power steering reservoir. It is intended to eliminate the need for additional after market reservoirs used by boat builders today.
Onan digital gensets are user-friendly, making it easy for boaters to monitor genset operation. A self-monitoring system alerts the user to potential problems and provides detailed diagnostic information, taking out the guesswork and providing built-in confidence. The digital technology is highly reliable and worry-free.
Onan’s newset e-Series Networked* digital gensets offer three network options for viewing genset status information, including Onan's own networked e-Series Digital Display. Genset status-at-a-glance, engine and alternator detail, plus diagnostic information in text format are displayed.
- Advanced digital electronic control for extensive diagnostic information
- Self-protection--smart enough to protect even the raw water pump impeller
- Low noise and vibration
- 4 kW to 27.5 kW models switchable between 50/60 Hz
- Electronic governing-a must for digital appliances and computers requiring quality power
- Bulk head-type connections, quick and reliable for ease of installation, service and maintenance
- Supported by the largest worldwide certified Distributor/Dealer network in the industry with more than 60 years of marine experience
- Sound enclosure with external oil fill and check
- Transferable 5 year warranty